Selecting a Memorial
At first glance, selecting a memorial can seem a daunting task. With all of the different options and design combinations available it can be difficult to know where to start. The associates at McCall Monument are experts in the design process and will work with you on individual level to ensure that you select the memorial that best suits your requirements. In order to provide you with the information that will help you make an informed decision, we have put together this brief overview outlining the key points in the memorial selection process.
1. Type of material:
There are two primary materials used for memorials, granite and bronze. Each can be customized to meet the individual design requests of the client. Often, the cemetery where the memorial will be placed will have regulations on what type of material that can be used. McCall Monument is familiar with these requirements and can assist in this selection.
- Material – Typically either granite or bronze, however other types of materials are available.
- Size – The size of a monument is directly related to its cost. The larger the monument, the greater the amount of material, production, and transportation costs involved.
- Color – If granite is selected as your memorial material, the color you chose will have an effect on the cost of the monument. The difference in cost for different colors of granite is based on its availability and where it is quarried. The fact that there are 100′s of different colors of granite available usually means there is one that can meet both your appearance and budget requirements.
- Design – With modern technology, the design options for your memorial are almost endless. Monument design can range from a simple, standard marker to a custom design wholly unique to the individual. The level of design chosen will effect the overall price of the monument.
3. Monument Style: If granite is selected as your memorial material, there are several different styles of monuments available. Each style can be customized to meet your individual requirements. As with the type of material allowed, cemeteries typically have requirements on what type of monument style is allowed. McCall Monument is familiar with the individual requirements of each cemetery and can assist you in making sure that the monument style you select fits with these regulations.
After being referred by a close family friend, we met with and purchased our son Adam’s memorial stone from McCall Monument. Our family had some very specific ideas on what we wanted..... and many detailed features.
We wanted our Adam’s monument to truly be a memorial to his life. We could not have been more pleased with the final result and all the patience and attention to detail along the way. McCall Monument staff far exceeded our expectations.
-Gary & Kris Jarnagin